The most important step in the process of assessment and accreditation is the preparation of the SSR (Self Study Report) by the institution. Institutions should follow the guidelines provided by NAAC while preparing the SSR and ensure that it contains the following:
- Evidence of contributing into the core values.
- Evidence of building from the strengths identified by the institution.
- Action taken to rectify the deficiencies recognized by the institution.
- Efforts made by the institution towards quality enhancement.
- Future plans of the institution for enhancing quality.